If you want to get the real feel of Indian fort then visit The Jaigarh Fort of Jaipur. The tough yet intimidating looks of this fort will certainly give an awe-inspiring feeling. If you are in Jaipur and not paying a visit to this fort then you will truly miss some important chapters of the history of Jaipur. Check out some important details about Jaigarh Fort:
• The fort was built by Sawan Jai Singh II in the 18th century period
• The construction of the fort was made with red sandstone thick walls and spreading across 3 Kms
• The fort was designed by well known architect Vidhya Dhar
• Dungar Darwaza is main gate for making entry in the fort
• As per the chapters of history Raja Man Singh along with his successors accumulated all booty they managed to collect by the victory of Jaigarh Fort
• Jaivana, is the world’s largest ever cannon on wheels which is placed in this fort. The weight of Jaivana is 50 tons. Power of elephants where required to turn axis of the Jaivana.
• In year 1720, Jaivana was test fired by Jai Singh. That was the first and last time when the same was used. The cannon ball reached a distance of 37 Kms and created a lake. The location is Chaksu
• Vijay Garh acted as the armoury for the Jaigarh Fort of Jaipur
• Jaigarh cannon foundry was built by Bhagwan Das
• Diya Burj is the highest point of the Jaigarh Fort. You can get a complete view of the Jaipur city from there as it is a 7 storey construction.
• The popular complexes of the fort includes Diwan-i-am, Subhat Niwas, Khilbat Niwas, Vilas Mandir and Aram Mandir
• The fort is having countless passages which acted as a secret path for helping the rulers to escape from the views of the enemies if needed.
Taxi Service From 8 am Till 6 Pm with All Taxes