The Red Fort is definitely the pride of Delhi and the architectural work of this fort managed to impress not only the Indians but also the dragged the attention of the millions of people across globe. There are certain secrets about this fort which are still unknown to many even to them who already paid several visits to this fort.
• The original color of fort was white: As per the surveys undertaken by the experts of Archaeological Survey of India, there are few parts in the fort which are made out of limestone. But later it was painted Red by then British rulers in India.
• The high walls of the fort gave it the name RED FORT: For providing high end security to the royal family the constructions of the high walls done with Red stone and also in some parts with bricks. The British started calling it as RED Fort and local people as Lal Quila.
• Made in 10 years: It took long 10 years time to construct the whole quila. Ustad Hamid and Ustad Ahmed are the main architects of the fort. It was in the year 1638 when the construction started.
• The Original house of Kohinoor: The actual house of the Kohinoor diamond was located inside this fort. It was a part of Shah Jahan's throne positioned in the Diwan-i-Khas.
• Lahore gate: The main entrances of the fort was named as Lahore Gate and Delhi Gate
• World heritage site: The Red Fort made its place in the list of world heritage site by UNESCO in the year 2007.
Each and every monument or fort in India is having a royal history behind it which makes the Indian people proud. The Red Fort is one of those architectural excellences which gave name and fame to India making it a country worth visiting for the tourists.
Taxi Service, Lunch, Visit Attractions From 8 am Till 6 Pm