If you are a foodie person and that too in love with your kitchen then visiting the Khari Baoli spice market of Old Delhi is a must to do activity for you when you are in Delhi. This is basically a famous street located in close vicinity to Red Fort near to Fatehpuri Masjid, which is one end of Chadni Chowk Market. The experience will be really unique for you when you will get to see huge heaps of different Indian spices and people bargaining for the same.
Let us know some interesting facts about Khari Baoli:
• As per the pages of History, this market started off in the 17th century period.
• Khari Baoli means salty water step well. It is believed that there were wells which were used for bathing the animals. But at present there is no such wells left in that place.
• There are few stalls in this market which still runs under the old names since inception for example 21 Number ki Dukaan and many such names
• Some of the stalls are running under the ownership of the 9th and 10th generation of the actual owners
• There are several million trader who trade in this market each day and that too in an organized manner
• In this market Trading of spices worth billions are done and it is the largest spice market for the continent of Asia
• In this market you will find the finest collection of spices from Kashmir, Afghanistan and all parts of India. The smell of spices displayed in the market will give you the feel of being royal in your kitchen.
• This market is known to be the house of best quality reetha for your hair care.
Rickshaw Ride, Taxi Service