Delhi is known to be the house of millions of Indian people who are from different parts of India and carrying different culture. When you take the very first step in Delhi you will get to feel the true blend of Indian culture and religion. Let’s know about the Indian capital city bit better:
• In year 1911 it was decided that the capital of India will be shifted from then capital Calcutta to Delhi. In year 1931 on 13th of Feb it was declared the capital of India.
• Qutub Minar is one the tallest minaret of the world located in Delhi and is only tallest minaret which is made of bricks.
• Delhi City originally was a walled city with 14 gates and out of which 5 still exists: Ajmeri Gate, Lahore Gate, Kashmiri Gate, Delhi Gate and Turkman Gate.
• Delhi is known for its International Toilet Museum
• Azadpur in Delhi is THE LATGEST market ( wholesale) of Asia for fruits and vegetable
• Khari Baoli in Delhi is THE LATGEST market ( wholesale) of Asia for Spice
• Delhi is known as one of the greenest cities of the world. The city is having 20% area covered with greenery
• Jama Masjid located in Delhi and constructed in the year 1656 is known to be the largest mosque for the country
• Delhi acts as house to one of the 8 Bahai temples of the world. The Bahai community temple in India is known as Lotus Temple
• In year 2010 Delhi hosted Common Wealth Games. As per reports it is the most expensive and also the biggest one so far in the history.
• Delhi stands second in the list of bird-rich capital of the world. The first is Nairobi
Lunch, Delhi City Tour by Toyota Innova Car and Guide