If you want to explore the beauty of Jaipur city well then in no way you should miss the chance to visit the beautiful Jal Mahal. Once you take a glance at this Mahal in the midst of lake you will get a pleasing feel and will be curious to visit it and know the secrets of this mahal. Many of you may know many facts about this Jal Mahal and many may not. So let’s share some facts about Jal Mahal with you so that you develop the interest to explore this destination of Jaipur very soon.
• Jal Mahal is located at the midst of Man-Sarovar Lake and one of the prime attractions in Jaipur
• Maharaja Madho Singh constructed Jal Mahal in the year 1750. He constructed this to enjoy duck hunting parties and not for residential purpose.
• Madho Singh II son of Maharaja Madho Singh in 18th century period added courtyard grounds and made more changes in the mahal to enhance its beauty.
• Construction of Jal Mahal is Made using red sandstones
• It is a 5 storied construction and the interesting part is that out of 5 levels of this mahal, 4 levels stay beneath the water.
• The construction of the Jal Mahal is made using the combination of Mughal and Rajput architectural style
• Chameli Bagh is the name of the garden in this Mahal which is considered as a bird watchers paradise. Some species like Coot, Kestrel, Pochards, and Flamingo are found here.
• Nahargarh hills located at the back of Jal Mahal gives an eye soothing view to the visitors
Don’t miss to make a tour of the lake on the handcrafted wooden boats. The scenic beauty of the lake gets enhanced with the presence of the beautiful mahal in between the lake.
Taxi Service From 8 am Till 6 Pm with All Taxes