Once upon a time Fatehpur Sikri, an important part of the district of Agra was the capital of Mughal Emperor Akbar. It was in the year 1585 Akbar took decision to abandon the city due lack of proper water supply and Rajputana neighbourhood proximity. The capital was taken back to Agra and Fatehpur Sikri turned into the city of Ghost. Earlier this city was known as Fatahabad which is a Persia word meaning victory.
There are some specific areas in the city which is must to visit for any tourist to Agra:
• Buland Darwaza: This is a huge gate having a height of 54 m from ground. In 1601 this huge gate was built by Akbar the Great after his victory over Gujarat. Red Sandstone and Marble used in making of this amazing gateway.
• Diwan-i-Khas: It is one of the most beautiful buildings of the city. The Lotus Throne in this building is worth watching because of its exceptional work and architectural mastery. In this building emperor Akbar used to meet important people and other religious members of the society.
• Jodhabai Palace: Jodhabai Palace was also known as Mariam-uz-Zamani Palace and was the residence of Queen Jodhabai. The architecture speaks about the excellent combination of Hindu Rajputana styles and Islamic Mughal style.
• Tomb of Seikh Salim Chisti: The mausoleum was dedicated to the Sufi saint Salim Chishti and was constructed between 1580 and 1581. This location in the city was served as the home for Sufi movement in India
• Jama Masjid: This mosque was built under the direction of Seikh Salim Chisti by Emperor Akbar. This Masjid is one of the prized works of Mughal Architectural style.
• Panch Mahal: As the name suggests it is a 5 storied building in the form of Pyramid with 176 columns. This Mahal acted as the place where different theatrical, musical as well as dance performances were conducted.
Taxi Service To Visit Fatehpur Sikri Sightseeing From 10 am Till 2 Pm