One of the most important places of attraction in the Capital city of India, Delhi is The India gate. This monument is located at Rajpath Road. Exploring Delhi remains incomplete if this monument is not visited. There are certain things which are unknown to many about this monument. We are sharing a few among them:
1. The foundation stone of this monument was laid down by Duke of Connaught in 1921 and was completed in year 1931.
2. The design of the monument is inspired by Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
3. Edwin Lutyens was the main architect behind the design.
4. The height of the monument is 42 m
5. Indian soldiers names are inscribed on monument wall who lost life in World War I and Afghan Wars
6. Amar Jawan Jyoti is housed by this monument which remains lighted 24*7 and acts as a memorial for martyrs in 1971 Indo Pak War.
7. Mrs Indira Gandhi inaugurate the jyoti in 1972, on Republic day
8. Soldiers of Indian Armed Forces of all 3 branches keep check on the Amar Jawan Jyoti all round the day
9. India Gate is the largest so far memorials in India which is visited by millions of people across the year not only from India but across.
10. This monument is also one of the most popular picnic and relaxes spots for the Delhities.
11. The Republic day Parade is witnesses by this monument every year
12. The shrine is having a cenotaph of black marble with rifle which is placed on the barrel, and crested by soldier helmet.
13. There is multiple number s of roads which are passing all around India Gate.
14. This monument is the pride of Delhi and do have a special existence in the pages of history of India.
Private Car For Delhi City Tour